[Towertalk] Roof Tower stuff.... 2 by 4s, city, :(

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Roof Tower stuff.... 2 by 4s, city, :(
From: jhisson1@columbus.rr.com (Jason Hissong)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:15:55 -0500
I just noticed that my garage uses 2x4's for trusses (why I did not pick
this up before I will never know).  The GM instructions show 2x6's.  Can I
still put this thing up?

The city is giving me a hard time on putting this up.  GM uses BOCA 1993
standards and the city requires the new 2002 standards.  Also, GM has a
"disclaimer" that I may need an engineer to come in and analyze the
structure.  The city picked up on that immediately.  (This is a standard
disclaimer that GM does)...  I may have to hire an engineer but how much
would that cost?

My tower woes begin... I thought I was going to put it up today... buit not
going to happen....

Jason Hissong
N8XE