[Towertalk] Roof Tower stuff.... 2 by 4s, city, :(

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Roof Tower stuff.... 2 by 4s, city, :(
From: coaching@barrybettman.com (Barry Bettman)
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 13:13:10 -0800
Jason,

I have had experience mounting a 15' roof tower.  I used 2 sheets of 4'
x 8' plywood, and just let them float on both sides of the roof apex.
Put then put the the Create Roof tower on the plywood, and guyed the
tower and two levels to the 4 corners of the 2"x6" eye beams.  I put a
big eye bolt into the eye beams.  I had the tower up with a KT34A for
about 3 years before I moved.  I never had a problem and when I took the
roof tower down, the there were no holes in the roof and only had to
leave the eye bolts behind. It was very clean.  Maybe this solution
might work for you under the heading of "temporary installation"?

Good luck.

Barry K6ST

--

Barry Bettman, PCC  Professional Certified Coach
SUCCESS COACHING  http://www.barrybettman.com  650-726-1205