[TowerTalk] Tower Bases

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Bases
From: RedHaines@centurytel.net (Red)
Date: Thu Feb 27 11:37:50 2003
Hi again, Tim;

I forgot to mention a temporary base I built for a self-supporting tower
several years ago.  It consisted of 4 treated timbers standing in the
ground several feet apart, to achieve a favorable moment arm.
 Additional timbers were bolted to them above ground to create a base
for the self-supporting crank-up.  The weight of the steel crank-up
multiplied by the moment arm or 'radius' prevented it from moving.  I
never left the tower up when not in use, which prevented storm stress.
 It worked fine, though it was not really engineered.  It was located
away from anything it could have hurt if it had fallen over.

73 de WO?W