[TowerTalk] grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: wes@attawayinterests.com (Wes Attaway (N5WA))
Date: Tue May 20 21:52:58 2003
Your story is a perfect example of why disconnecting feedlines is
not real good protection if proper attention was not paid to the
overall grounding scheme of the station.  The scenario you
describe happened because single-point grounding was not in
place.  If you do not tie house electrical service and telco
grounds to the tower ground and main station ground point then
you will have many avenues that lead to trouble.