[TowerTalk] grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu May 22 07:45:31 2003
At 10:43 PM 5/21/03 -0500, you wrote:
>There's another side of this ... try living in a nice wide open area, one
>where your towers are the highest points ... and being hit several times
>with varying amount of damage ... and filing such with your insurance
>company. Been there, done that, and was canceled after many years
>with the same firm. THEN try to get 'reasonable' insurance ... <sigh>

It would be very interesting to know what measures you had in place when
you took the hits, and how the damaging voltages got into the shack.  Can
you elaborate a bit, Billy?  My problem is that I can't "do it right" (2nd
floor shack) and need to assess whether I can improve what I AM doing.

Thanks!

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 9 May 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm