[TowerTalk] grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: ab2kc@optonline.net (GEORGE PRITCHARD)
Date: Wed May 21 18:02:18 2003
Guys:
I do both. Massive protection with an entrance panel, grounds, straps... and
I STILL DISCONNECT all the cables off the inside entrance panel and unplug
the AC. Even the rotor cable is bulhead connectorized with "zortch
absorbers", and that connector comes off also. Having a ham radio station is
like a pet... it needs attention. I had a bad hit years ago, and it wasn't
fun. I since then did it all the right things, and still can't sleep during
a bad storm!
George AB2KC