[TowerTalk] Safe Hazer Install help..

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safe Hazer Install help..
From: n5ito@arrl.net (David Vondrasek)
Date: Wed Aug 13 14:02:23 2003
At present I have a Rohn 25 at 55 feet, guyed at 30 feet with torsion bars
and guy bracket, Plans were to also guy at 50 feet with the same setup, guy
bracket, torsion bars. But  they are on the ground as that was the next
step on the tower to finish. Well, After 5 months of watching this tower go
up section by section as I got my nerve and had friends help get all of it
up., I've come to realize I do NOT do towers very well. At 30 feet I get
the jitters, I don't need to be playing at 50+ feet with antennas. Soooo.

I just ordered a Hazer to get past this problem. They recommend just guying
at the top a few inches above the hazers top resting stop.  Rohn says to
guy at around 30 feet and 50 feet with two sets of guys. So do I trust the
hazer set up at 55 feet with guys only at the top so it can travel downward
when needed ?

Planned antennas are a Cushcraft A4S just above the top on a  16 foot 2" OD
mast with 2 each M2 12 ele 144 mhz beams ( 19 foot booms ). One mounted at
the top of the mast and one 11 feet down. (stacked for 2 meters).

Or do I need to take about 10 feet off the top and play it safe. I do have
another 30 foot tower I could move 10 feet over on that I use for various
VHF antennas that is guyed and house bracketed. A array of DX-120 beams go
here.

Dave