[TowerTalk] Safe Hazer Install help..

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safe Hazer Install help..
From: rmoodyg@bellsouth.net (Richard M. Gillingham)
Date: Wed Aug 13 14:31:08 2003
Well, you won't be able to use the guy brackets and torsion bars at 30'.
The hazer won't pass it.  If you mount the bracket and torsion bars above
the highest point the hazer will be raised to (including the couple of
inches extra to clear the safety stop before lowering to allow it to support
the weight of the hazer et al).  If you put the middle guys in, you'll need
to slack off the top ones first to clear the antennas, lower the hazer, and
then tighten them up again.  Then slack off the lower set of guys to allow
the hazer to pass over them.  That's why no bracket, no torque arms at the
middle level..  Best bet is to contact Glen Martin Engineering, the folks
who designed the Hazer for more specific stuff.    I've used a Hazer for a
number of years with success.  I had to climb the tower once when the cable
broke (my fault) and re string the new cable through the pulley.  Not a big
deal.

Enjoy.
Gil, W1RG