[TowerTalk] Safe Hazer Install help..

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safe Hazer Install help..
From: kb7ww@easystreet.com (Arthur Moe)
Date: Wed Aug 13 17:40:19 2003
David,

I have 70 feet up with a Hazer and use two sets of guys.  For the
middle set I did not use the Torsion bar. What I did is I went to
the local rigging company and had them make me up 3 ea. 1 foot long
lengths with eye on each end. I use these to wrap 2 turns
around the tower leg at the junction of the "z" braces at about the 35
foot level. I then use a celvis, with the pin going through the 2 eyes
and the loop holding the actual guy wire.  This has been in use for
about 7 years with no problems.  To lower the Hazer I turn the booms
of antennas parallel to the face of the tower that the Hazer rotor
plate is on. Remove the 2 guys that are on the rotor side of the Hazer
and leave the other in place. I then lower the Hazer to just above the
the second set of guys and reset the lock. I then work the top guys
around the antenna and re hook them up. Then making sure that the "lock
is set"  I climb and remove the middle set of guys. To go up just reverse.
It is a bit of work but I can do most of the work from the ground.

Art
KB7WW