[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Re: An Enlightning Experience

Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: An Enlightning Experience
From: James <>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:13:47 -0500
List-post: <>
Not sure if this got posted last week. News server dropped
my connection and I didn't see it posted here.

Last Friday. lightning hit my neighboor's house. It didn't 
go for the two story metal barn 30 feet away or the 20 foot
chimney 15 feet went straight for the metal ring
around the power meter (we all have buried power feeds coming
off the street power lines).

It took out all his electronics - TV sets, sat. dish, stereo,
microwave, refridgerator and A/C compressor. It only left a
burn mark on the power meter retaining ring, but the inside
of the meter glass had vaporized metal deposit. Looked like
one of those metallic glass globes in a garden. Burned his 
telephone cable feed in two.


See:  for "Self Supporting Towers", "Wireless Weather 
Stations", and lot's more.  Call Toll Free, 1-800-333-9041 with any questions 
and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>