RE: [TowerTalk] Site Grounding

To: Tony King - W4ZT <towertalk@w4zt.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Site Grounding
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:40:06 +0000
Using brass or copper to join copper would require getting the bond metal
> >almost as hot as the MP of the metal being joined.  Why not just use
> >thermite (exothermic welding) and make it a real copper/copper/copper
> >bond, in that case?
>

> And that's an excellent choice if it's available :)

Yes it is and it's called CadWeld.  Their "OneShot" products are awesome.
Go to erico.com click on the Cadweld button and then select the type of joint
(wire to ground rod for example) and then one specifys the rod size and wire
size and you're left with a mold number.  Then call up you local industrial
electrical supply house (not Home Depot) and place the special order.  I have
to order a box of 12 minimum.  Also Hargar has a similar product called
UniShots that I believe can be ordered individually.  Go to hargar.com to find
their info.  My cost has been about $5.50 each and are permanent, weatherproof,
and maintenance free (All you clamp guys regularly re-tighten all your clamps
as they loosen due to climatic temp changes, don't you?).  They are, pardon the
pun, "The Bomb".  Phil  KB9CRY