Re: [TowerTalk] Site Grounding

To: <kb9cry@comcast.net>, "Tony King - W4ZT" <towertalk@w4zt.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Site Grounding
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:04:33 -0400
TT:

     I agree with Phil and Tony regarding the use of exothermic welding over
clamping for underground ground (?) connections.  They are maintenance-free
as compared to mechanical clamps that ought to be checked and retightened on
a regular basis.  I got my OneShots from The RF Connection (www.therfc.com )
near here.  If you decide to use copper flashing instead of wire, you'll
have to invest in Cadweld's commercial molds ($$).  OneShots are for simple
wire-to-rod-to-wire joints.

     BTW - Harger's web site is at www.harger.com .  Phil mispelled the
name.

73 de