Re: FW: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: FW: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12
From: "N6KJ" <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:29:28 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the post, but this doesn't do it.  This merely feeds frequency
information to the controller so it can "auto-adjust".  There are issues
with the "auto-adjust" that (for me) makes it annoying (at best) to use.
All that N8LP has done is to provide a way of feeding frequency information
into the controller when using a rig that is supported by TRX-Manager, but
not the SteppIR controller.  It is a useful "hack" if your rig isn't on
the list of SteppIR supported rigs, but that's about it.

The kind of remote control we are talking about is the ability to do
anything you can do on the controller front panel (by pushing buttons)
via computer control.  This would include everything from band/freq
selection to individual control of the element lengths and even on/off.