Re: [TowerTalk] Re: static cat

To: Didier Juges <didier@cox.net>, Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: static cat
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:29:33 -0600

Didier- IMHO, your first paragraph has such fundamental errors that the rest cannot be supported. The charge on the earth side is NOT uniform over miles; the earth is not a superconductor and has finite resistance. All common descriptions I have seen showing the charge distributions show both the earth and the clouds with charge, but of opposite sign. This is contrary to your first statement.
Bill