Re: [TowerTalk] Tension on tramline

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tension on tramline
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:14:15 -0400
You took the words right out of my mouth.  I was just getting ready to post
the same thing. <:-))

We took everything up the side of the tower from the TH5 to 7 L 6 Meter C3i,
to the completely assembled 440 and 144 arrays.

It's a big page and the photo of taking the TH-5 around the guys is about
the 10th row down, but it might help.
 http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower.htm

I thought seriously about using a pair of cables attached to a cross boom at
the top of the tower and then skidding the antennas up.  It would have
required tag lines and a person on each side to keep the antennas centered
on the way up, but I worried about the strain on the elements and keeping
them out of the guy lines near the top.

At any rate I  found just rotating around the guys right up next tot he
tower worked just fine for me.

The most difficult was the TH-5, not because of it's size as much as the
6-meter antenna was only 15 feet above the top of the tower which added the
necessity of both a horizontal and vertical roll going around the top guys.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com