Re: [TowerTalk] 9913; Rotor loops

To: <lladerman@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 9913; Rotor loops
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:07:29 -0400
Lou:

     Here's a link to W3LPL's table of coax cable selections for a given (or
desired) antenna loss:
http://users.erols.com/n3rr/Cable/coax_attenuation.txt .  I followed Frank's
rule of thumb of one dB of loss between shack and antenna terminals when I
selected RG-213 for my tower and antennas.  I ignored the extra loss at 440
MHz for my vertical atop the mast as this antenna is used for local repeater
work - CB at its best - not for weak signal EME stuff.

FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F