Re: [TowerTalk] Amidon customer satisfaction

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amidon customer satisfaction
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:48:41 -0400

OK, so after searching the web I found http://www.amidoncorp.com/ and they
do claim to be ISO 2001 compliant.

How many really know what that means?
Unless ISO has changed greatly since I was involved it meant the absolute
minimum documentation for any ISO document.  It meant stay away from
details.  The vast majority who failed the first time through did so because
they were "too detailed" in their documents.  ISO is not and should not be a
detailed description of every step.  It can be very vague (unless they have
changed) and even if it's been changed there is nothing to prevent a small
company from deviating from any written procedures.

So, unless ISO has changed greatly in the last 7 years it means very little
beyond the company having procedures to do certain things, most likely none
of which would address the make up from the manufacturing end.  For customer
complaints it could be nothing more than "We try to address all customer
complaints within six months. Or it might be nothing more than we have a
telephone number for customers with problems.

It might not be anything more than "If they have a problem they are on their
own", but I doubt it'd be quite that blatant. <:-))

The one thing the auditors pointed out again and again, was to say away from
any details.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com