Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline from obsolete analog cellular sites (?)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline from obsolete analog cellular sites (?)
From: Gary <mcduffie@actcom.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:12:40 -0600
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:21:04 -0500, Blake Bowers wrote:

> How will your employer handle FCC mandates?

What are the mandates?  I haven't heard what is going on in that
industry.  I can tell you that if analog goes away around my area, there
won't be any cell phone coverage to speak of.  The way it is now, some
areas have no coverage at all, and the ones that I can hill-top and get
into are analog and 30+ miles away.  A full power bag phone with good
external antenna is what it takes to have even partial coverage.

--
ag0n at arrl dot net
http colon slash slash garymcduffie dot com