[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] inline female coax connector?

To: Jack Painter <223bthp@cox.net>, FireBrick <w9ol@billnjudy.com>,TowerTalk List <towertalk@contesting.com>,Antenna List <Antennas@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] inline female coax connector?
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:16:45 -0500

Two comments:
1. Yes, there is a cable-end equivalent to an SO 238, that matches to a PL 239. (I use them, but don't remember the designation)
2. I thought the myth of "High insertion loss" had been shot down completely (recently, too).
Bill

At 09:53 AM 10/13/2004 -0400, Jack Painter wrote:

> Reading the info on the various coax types.
> Keep seeing the references to barrel connectors.
>
> Is there a female coax connector?
> I'm only familiar with chassis mount female connectors.
> I'm asking about a female that would mate to a pl259.
>
> Bill H. in Chicagoland

Bill, the barrel connectors are double-ended SO-239 females, intended for
use as a union between two PL-259 male coax lines. Use them for temporary or
emergency patchwork, because the insertion loss in these connectors is high.

Jack
Virginia Beach

Bill Aycock - W4BSG

Woodville, Alabama