Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12

To: "Darrel J. Van Buer" <darrel@vanbuer.net>, jimjarvis@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:59:06 -0500
I have had two C-3E's for 7-10 years, and have never noticed excessive SWR change with frequency, or SWR fluctuations with wind of more than .1 or so. The antennas are within the SWR spec all the way across the band, with a nice double dip curve reflecting the presence of two 10M radiators.

There have been lots of reports of single feed problems with the C-31XR (and lots of people who are quite happy with the single feed) but the idea of needing to feed a C-3 with 3 separate feedlines strikes me as pretty extraordinary.

73, Pete N4ZR