Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12

To: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:07:33 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>; "Darrel J. Van Buer" <darrel@vanbuer.net>; <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Cc: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 12:41 AM

TT:

    I have a Bencher Skyhawk with the older open sleeve feed system
(similar to F12's.  Ahem!)  Both F12 and Bencher Yagi's have available a set
of phenolic spacers that keep the DEs in the same spatial relationship over
their entire lengths.  The need for these spacers is to minimize SWR
fluctuations during high winds that cause the elements to whip around,
dramatically changing the feed impedance on the various bands.

    Just a thought but maybe F12 folk whose Yagis don't include these
spacers ought to install a set to maintain the design impedance during windy
conditions.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>