Re: [TowerTalk] Banishment?

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Banishment?
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:31:29 -0600
At 08:33 PM 1/11/2005, you wrote:
The person in question has not only tried to contact champion to get the right belt,but also sent the wrong one back UPS only to have it refused delivery.

That was NOT what was implied in Steve's response. There are a LOT of scenarios
where the guy might be right -- that it was REFUSED -- that do not include Steve
knowing anything about it. He travels a lot, doing jobs -- he may have just been gone
and after a couple of attempts to deliver it the UPS guy may have just written refused
on the package. They only make three (I think) attempts to deliver. Steve may have
never known. Or the complainer could be making it all up. I have seen just about
everything and this does happen. Point is that I don't KNOW and neither do YOU.

When does buiseness govern whom should be banished from a reflector?Seems silly to me.
Also if a person voices an oppinion and is banned from the reflector for not seeing the administrator as right is this a constitutional violation of freedom of speech or expression?

You've GOT to be kidding. There is no constitutional right to being allowed on a
reflector. It is available at the courtesy of the sponsor. He can do WHATEVER
he wants. He may do things that reflect poorly on himself--but that is still his
right. He can pull the plug on anyone he wants, or even just shut down the whole
reflector at any time if he decides he wants to. Now, if you were PAYING for a
SERVICE there might be some contractual issues -- but I assume you are NOT, and
there is certainly no constitutional issue.

I am curious.Maybe the two parties should try to work this all out in a private forum.

Probably so -- but the guy brought it up on the reflector. Clearly there is a HISTORY
that neither you or nor anyone else knows anything about. What I DO know is Steve
and he does not operate the way the guy indicated. And Steve's own note indicates
that he never got the thing back and that the first time he heard about an issue is
when he was notified of a credit card dispute. But that may be due to any number
of things -- none of which are known.

What Steve was trying to do was to eliminate this sort of garbage topic from
the reflector.  Something that obviously needs to be resolved by him and the
other party.   ANYONE, including me, that weighs in with suggestions is in
way over his head.  We don't KNOW either story -- only a small piece of ONE
side that smells a little bit fishy based on what I know about Steve.

It is easy to take a cheap shot at someone.  And much more difficult to defend
yourself.   Steve may have chosen NOT to add any comments, just because
that is the way he wants it.   Or, quite possibly, because he is off doing some
sort of tower job somewhere and has no idea that this thread is out of control!

--John