Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum

To: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>,"towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:25:53 -0600
Well, curious.  The picture still shows 8 sections, 8 feet each,
for a 64' tower.

I'm going to take a guess and suggest that  perhaps Trylon decided
to do something about the fact that their 64' tower is really only
about 62' (due to overlap where sections join) -- and they now
throw in an inexpensive mast.  I would call that a change probably
required by their legal dept.

Bottom line is that even not counting the "pipe", their towers are
*almost* as tall as their model#/specs say.  They still remain a
very reasonable choice, competition from the worthy ANW
line notwithstanding.

73,
Dave NØRQ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>

http://www.trylon.com/lightdutytowers/selfsupporttwrs_pricing.asp

Tower height shown is nominal. Actual tower height achieved utilizing support pipe provided with tower."

Note the last paragraph.

Alan NV8A