Re: [TowerTalk] Proper bolt sizes for Rohn 25G

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Proper bolt sizes for Rohn 25G
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:45:31 EST
For many years Rohn has supplied Grade 5 electroplated bolts with 25G
sections. These bolts are in no way special or different from what you can
purchase
at a good hardware supplier. In fact, last year I needed some for a  project
and Rohn/Radian was not yet shipping, I found exact replacements at Home
Depot for about 50 cents each.

The joint bolts for 45G, 55G and larger towers are hot dip galvanized and  in
this respect are special/different from the usual hardware sources. The
galvanizing requires use of special over size nuts for everything to fit
properly. The galvanizing also makes for a tighter fit in the leg joint which
is  a
good thing.

73,
Gerald/K5GW