[TowerTalk] Rotors - your thoughts please.

To: TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotors - your thoughts please.
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:37:22 -0800 (PST)

I have a 60 foot 25G tower with a TH6DXX and a HAM III as a Rotor.  I actually
have two HAM III rotors...one for a spare...but....

I am looking to do some tower work this spring and summer and wonder the
collective wisdom about getting a different rotor.  These rotors are 20 to 25
years old...they have been rebuilt by Norms at least once...and I wonder if I
should go to a different rotor.

So, what do people like out there?  T2X?  Yaesu?  Stay with what I got?
AlphSpid?

I can either have mine rebuilt again or go with a T2X that is used....

I will be getting a new beam but I am not sure what yet....could be a SteppIR
3-element, a C4, or an OPTI-Beam.

So, what do you all think based on your experience....

Lee - K0WA