Re: [TowerTalk] Rotors - your thoughts please.

To: TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotors - your thoughts please.
From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:39:05 -0500
I don't have a rotor yet, but I was incling toward the AlfaSpid.

Alan NV8A

On 01/19/05 02:37 pm Lee Buller tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I have a 60 foot 25G tower with a TH6DXX and a HAM III as a Rotor. I actually have two HAM III rotors...one for a spare...but....
I am looking to do some tower work this spring and summer and wonder the collective wisdom about getting a different rotor. These rotors are 20 to 25 years old...they have been rebuilt by Norms at least once...and I wonder if I should go to a different rotor.
So, what do people like out there? T2X? Yaesu? Stay with what I got? AlphSpid?
I can either have mine rebuilt again or go with a T2X that is used....
I will be getting a new beam but I am not sure what yet....could be a SteppIR 3-element, a C4, or an OPTI-Beam.
So, what do you all think based on your experience....