[TowerTalk] It''s WORKING!

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] It''s WORKING!
From: "K8RI on Tower Talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:39:20 -0500
When I answered the note about the frozen rotor I decide to give my "frozen rotor" another try as the temperature is up to 28F. Low and behold, It worked!

So, I'm currently turning the thing through a series of turns hoping it gets any remaining water out of the motor.

It looks like I'm going to have to build a better cover to keep water out of and off of the motor. I think in addition the investment in about 10 to 15 feet of armored, self limiting heat tape may be in the future. It will fit nicely between the fins on the motor and with it running through about every third gap it should not limit the cooling in Summer.

As the motor has to be mounted horizontally it is possible for a small amount of water to collect between the rotor and field magnet poles. If it's left to set there and the temperature drops I can see where it could freeze, preventing the rotor from turning.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com