Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding, portable generators, field day

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding, portable generators, field day
From: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:09:02 -0800
We have had some issues this year of RF getting into the GFI breakers and kicking them off (ie, that station goes down). It was happening with the distribution boxes first (every once and a while) and later at the 25KW generator itself.

We did NOT run a ground rod at the generator site or at any of the stations. The plan for next time is to install these and see if we see the same problems!

We were N6ME, 6A ORG. Yep! 1st place in 6A and 9th place overall in the nation!

Dino Darling, K6RIX
Field Day Chairman