Re: [TowerTalk] polyrod

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] polyrod
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 23:09:21 -0500
One could think of an object here on Earth as an antenna receiving energy
from the sun.  Since the sun is transmitting about 4 × 10**26 watts, it is
not difficult to understand why that Al plate got so hot.

The reason a white object does not get as hot as a dark one is simply that
it reflects a large portion of light energy instead of absorbing it.  Also,
an object with more mass stores more energy.  Translated into desired
properties of fiberglass used as guy lines: white, thin rod with high
temperature resistance.

73, Keith NM5G