Re: [TowerTalk] polyrod

To: "Roger K8RI on Tower" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>,"Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>, <k3mm@comcast.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] polyrod
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:50:47 -0700
And .. when a cup of boiling water, thrown into the air (THE WATER, NOT THE
CUP!) .. NOTHING would come down to hit the ground, when it was 4Ø -6Ø F
below zero .. flat discapeeeered .. that temp stuff was hard on cables too.
Many mike cords, power connectors, etc.. went doo-doo when grabbed before
coming up to "mobile cab comfortable temp"  not the wire, but the
insulation. .. ..  ... my rotator grease was special, my co-ax loop for the
twist was longer than I would have had in W6,  etc..  just wonder if the
other end of the temp spectrum was involved in the deterioration of the
plastic guy lines?
73 .. Mark .. AA6DX