[TowerTalk] Mini Lini on the Tower?

To: "TowerTalk" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mini Lini on the Tower?
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:16:11 -0700
Yoo Hoo ..
Anybody done any concept brainstorming on the new Class E amp from SGC?  I am
quite fascinated with the prospects of using the new SGC Mini-Lini in new
applications for HF .. like, mounting the amp on the tower ... simply run an AC
cord and use Mini-8 coax up the tower, and all sorts of problems "discapeer"
--- like .. RF in the shack reduced, costly coax, coax tower load, xmt loss in
feedline (not a factor with this scheme!), etc.
For stacks, or fixed EU/JA arrays ... an amp for each antenna ..  as long as
not running more than 3 at once, still within power limits ...
Since your amp you would be taking on a DXpedition would be so light, you could
take MORE ANTENNA .. replacing the amp weight with tower/aluminum!  What a
concept!

I'm still thinking up idears .. mobile, no sweat ... 115VAC from a (these days)
inexpensive converter .. already have one that could do that .. and, price of
the amp seems like it is going to be SO REASONABLE ...   sure wish I was going
to Dayton to see the premier showing.. hopefully this neat new amp will be
available this fall .    WoW!

Hmmmmm ..........   awaiting the  TT group to share their ideas ...  73, Mark
Eureka, FAR Northern California

http://www.sgcworld.com/500watt.html