Re: [TowerTalk] Mini Lini on the Tower?

To: <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mini Lini on the Tower?
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:34:47 -0700
OK .. that's interesting .. If you would Rick, please `splain more on the
separate amps causing probs w/mutual coupling ...   I have ran a contest
station w/separate amps to antennas, and... well, it worked... maybe I was
missing something, though, for I never analyzed it as to the coupling.  Cost
wise ... just for whatever .. 200 feet of half inch heliax w/connectors  ...
from Cable Experts ... = $340.95  -- plus, of course, shipping ... And then
the adaptors, etc..
so ..
The Mini Lini page says MSRP $600  --- so, street price?  $550?   $200 diff
.. not much these days of $12,000 radios!
Plus, the Mini Lini would have a  % used market value most likely much
higher than that of the hard line or other low-loss high-power feedline ..
n`est-ce-pas?
Negs I see with putting the Mini Lini on the tower is --- hard to get to for
service, if needed, and .. it IS only 500 watts, so ...  not the ooomph I'm
used to when keying OH HENRY ...  but, if it worked well into a stacked
system .. ehhh?
Tell me more about the coupling, that will be of interest to quite a few
folks, I would guess --- 73 Y'all, Mark