Re: [TowerTalk] Mini Lini on the Tower?

To: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mini Lini on the Tower?
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:29:08 -0700 (PDT)
Yes all sorts of problems disappear, but you won't save any money.
On the contrary, you will spend a lot more money on amplifiers.
A lot more than you will save on coax, etc.  I thought a lot about
schemes like this (using *cheap* amplifiers) and I never arrived
at a scenario that made sense.  Also, running arrays with separate
amplifiers per antenna specifically is a non-starter if you have
any mutual coupling between antennas.

Rick N6RK