Re: [TowerTalk] elevated verticals....radial config.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] elevated verticals....radial config.
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:03:42 -0500
Very interesting discussion. Over the years I have had a R7 and R8 at various
heights from 10' to 90'.  With them above 40' I always had them DC grounded to
the mast which was grounded to the tower which was grounded to earth at the
base.  These antennas are different than a 1/4 wave vertical with drooping
radials which I think is what the original question was about.  Assuming one is
talking about the 1/4 wave antenna what was the consensus about grounding the
radials to the top of the tower?  I must have missed it somewhere, sri.

Gedas, W8BYA

e-mail  w8bya@mchsi.com
online gallery  http://gedas.cc
web page  http://www.w8bya.com