Re: [TowerTalk] elevated verticals....radial config.

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] elevated verticals....radial config.
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:14:56 -0700 (PDT)
I've only done this with a 20M antenna but the results
were quite good. I've used 4 sloping radials and also
only two. I used a choke balun (coiled coax) at the
vertical feedpoint. The remainder of the feedline
dropped straight down to the ground. Base of the
vertical was up 16 ft on some TV mast and the radials
were NOT connected to the support but only to the coax
braid. Both antennas worked very well considering the
simplicity of installation and the obvious
compromises. Worked all over the world with 100W.

73, Stew K3ND

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html