Re: [TowerTalk] rugged 6 meter beam ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rugged 6 meter beam ?
From: Jeff Stai WK6I <wk6i@twistedoak.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:59:02 -0700
At 08:04 AM 7/5/2005, Dino Darling wrote:

>They also have the 6M5X.  It too uses the 1.5" boom and the 3/8 tubing like
>the JHV, but rated for 100MPH.  If you want a 5 element on a 2" boom with
>the 3/8" and 1/4", all you have to do is ask them.  They told me they will
>make anything I want, "but it will cost you extra."
>
>They have a 3 element 6 meter beam....but why?!
>
>http://www.m2inc.com/products/6m.html

M2 will make it to your specs, it will cost extra and (in my experience) be a
fair value. Construction is very simple and solid. Their customer service is
also very good. I have the 6M5X and I have been very happy with it.

Why 3-element? Because a person who doesn't exactly know what they are doing
can raise one by themselves on a 20 foot pole, tie it to a fence post or patio
support, and work the world with it (again, my experience ;-).

good luck! - jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/