Re: [TowerTalk] Pad and Pier Foundations

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pad and Pier Foundations
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:26:44 -0700
The "drilling rigs" mentioned as of late are all designed to dig a
round hole, not a square one.  Every tower foundation spec I've seen
(USTower, Trylon, AN Wireless) specs a square hole.  There are lots of
building inspectors that won't accept a round hole when a square one
is called out in the manufacturer specs.

It would seem to me that these tower manufacturers need to realize
that the specs they are creating can't be realized very easily by most
amateurs.