Re: [TowerTalk] Loos Tension Gauge

To: 'Tom Rauch' <w8ji@contesting.com>,towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loos Tension Gauge
From: "Stone, Gary R." <Gary.Stone@med.va.gov>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 07:28:18 -0700
Wow - this is interesting.  Can we get a definite answer on how to measure
Phillystran?  That is a real difference.  I have 1/4 Phillystran and using
my Loos I have been shooting for about 35 (650 or so - which is 10%) but
if it is inaccurate I may be tightening too tight?

I wonder if the Phyllystran company would have a suggestion as to a proper
device to measure tension with their material?

Also of interest is that I am (and probably others also) actually putting
the Loos device on EHS 1/4 inch because the first 15 feet or so is EHS as is
recommended.  I don't think I would have a tall enough ladder to check the
Phillystran itself but that would be interesting?

Gary, N5PHT