Re: [TowerTalk] Loos Tension Gauge

To: "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loos Tension Gauge
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:54:11 -0500
You say 1/4 Phillystran and 650 or so tension, which would be 6500 lbs rated
strength.  My Phillystran is 6700 lbs rated strength but quite a bit larger
than 1/4 inch.  With the black plastic jacket it looks to be about the size
of RG8 coax.  My Loos gauge will not work on cables this large.  I also have
1/4 EHS leaders on each guy and measured there.

I have my guys set at about 500 lbs according to Loos.  This takes out most
of the droop in the guys.  There are 4 guy sets.  The tower feels steady up
at 150 feet.  That's good enough for me even though, according to Tom's
report, the actual tension may be near 330 lbs.

73, Keith NM5G