Re: [TowerTalk] birds on antennas

To: <gdaught6@stanford.edu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] birds on antennas
From: "SJ W3TX" <superberthaguy@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:45:21 -0400
I have turkey vulture issues, too.  They come twice a year (migratory?) and
in a family of 5-10 depending on the year.  I figure it is the same clan.

They prefer the tips of the 40m yagi.  Why can't they sit on the 4" OD boom?
It does test my patience.  But the antenna Manufacturer advertises that
their designs edfy mother nature.  So on the experiment goes twice per year.

As far as the wifes guano concern goes try this plan.  Most wives love
plants/flowers.  Guano is a great fertilizer.  So plant an appropriately
sized (equal or slightly larger than the area of the overhanging antennas)
flower garden under the tower.  Grow lots of beautiful flowers fertilized by
the Guano from above. Regularly take said flowers to wife.  And walla we are
making lemonaid from lemons.

73, Scott W3TX