Re: [TowerTalk] Radio shack Web-remote TV camera

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radio shack Web-remote TV camera
From: jimjarvis@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:21:40 +0000
TT:

>From the advert, it would appear that this box will permit you to control
>lights or appliances via an X-10 interface, as well as video-capture on
>motion-sense.  Or,
alert via e-mail on motion sense.

What we don't know is whether the software enables this to be done readily, or
if it's a pain to deal with.   Or, how much of your computer resource it will
consume when in a "monitor" mode.   Can it run as a TSR in a station-control
logging environment, for example, without impacting station operation.

Answer is...ya gotta go to RS and look at it...and possibly even buy and try
the danged thing, to know.

Anybody actually try one, yet?   As for me,  I'm packing to move, and "stuff"
is flowing out and away, not in.   Maybe I'll look at it after the move.

n2ea