[TowerTalk] mobile installation query

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] mobile installation query
From: jimjarvis@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:33:09 +0000
TT:

Anybody have personal experience installing HF mobile in a Honda Accord?

There are no manufacturer's service bulletins on the topic.

Contemplate putting my 706mkII in my 2003, for entertainment on trips.
Looks like their MP3 install kit may permit an in-dash installation.

Still uncertain about antenna installation, but leaning toward trailer hitch
mount, which gives flexibility of choice.  Still haven't found good grounding
'hard-point', but suspect the hitch installation will yield one, with care.

Have confirmed there are rubber cable-access plugs in the firewall, so a direct
to battery, fused connection is possible for power.

My last mobile install was a 1995 VW Passat, where the cruise control turned
off whenever I keyed on 20m, and dashboard lights went out when keyed on 30m.
 This accord has electronically controlled throttle, among its 'features'.
I'm a tad leary of the unintended consequences of an installation, so I thank
you in advance, if you have first-hand information.

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org