Re: [TowerTalk] Snow and rain attenuation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Snow and rain attenuation
From: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:32:50 -0800
There are frequencies where there is a resonance with water molecules
which causes a quite high attenuation, even without rain or snow.  I
can't find any data in a brief search, but recall that 54 GHz is one
of these.  I did find some information which indicates that rain
attenuation is somewhat proportional to frequency squared.

73, Bob N7XY