[TowerTalk] Guying on a small lot

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying on a small lot
From: "Jon M. Knodel" <jknodel@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:38:58 -0700
I don't know if this question has been brought up on the reflector or not, but
here it is:

I have a small lot (73' x 122') and want to install a 60' Rohn 25G.  Because of
how the house is set and other structures, I am having problems placing the
tower where I can get the specified 80% guy length (48').  I am pretty close to
getting it but come up just short on two of the legs.  On the third one I can
get 48' without any trouble.  On the other two, I am about 4' short (73%
instead of 80%).

I definitely plan on constructing and loading the tower to Rohn guidelines and
would like to know if this would be a problem.  Would it be possible to add 2
additional guys to each leg off center of the normal guy placement at equal
angles in order to supplement it at it's slightly shorter length?  Does anyone
know of any books, reports or other information where I can find the necessary
equations to perform the calculations?  Thanks for the help.

73 es gud DX,

Jon, N7XW