Re: [TowerTalk] Guying on a small lot

To: "'Towertalk Reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying on a small lot
From: "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:01:20 -0400
You misunderstood the PE.  The guys cannot be
at the same tension, because they are different lengths.

Here is why.  If the HORIZONTAL tension at a guy point
is not the same with all the guys, the guy point will
move until they are.  This is physics 101.

If the horizontal tension in two guys are the same, and
they are at different angles, then the vertical and
longitudinal tensions are different by the cosine rule
that K6LL quoted.  i.e. you CANNOT balance the tensions
in the guy wires.

73,
Tom - N1MM