Re: [TowerTalk] The simple Gamma Match?

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The simple Gamma Match?
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:58:40 -0700
If you want to make it really easy, and work good, change it to 2 elements,
space the elements about 1/4 wave (with split driven element that is) and
it's 50 ohms.  Feed it with coax and go.  Make a great and simple field day
antenna.  Oh yes, I know, modeling will show it probably won't work.  I've
been using that configuration here on 20 and 10 (well, not so much 10 right
now) for about 5 years and I like it.  Works a lot better than the TH-3 it
replaced.  73
Tom W7WHY