Re: [TowerTalk] TitanDx

To: rtnmi@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TitanDx
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 08:05:30 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/2006 11:23:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rtnmi@sbcglobal.net writes:

So I am  assuming that Noalux is conductive and I can do the entire
length of the  elements.

Hi Bob,

Just use the Noalux where the elements come together. Don't put it on the
entire element!
The stuff is sticky and will make a mess out of your cleaned up antenna  once
all the dirt sticks to the Noalux... Yuck.

DO NOT use steel wool !!! Get a Scotch-Brite. The steel wool will leave
really little pieces of steel all over the antenna. You may not be able to see
the little pieces when you're finished polishing, but you'll sure see them when

they rust - And rust they will.

I don't know if using alcohol to clean it will make any difference, but it
shouldn't hurt anything. There is a polishing cloth out there that is gold
colored - I can't remember the name, but I got one at the local Harley  dealer.
Makes the antenna SHINE like chrome :-) and stays shiny for a long  time, but
eventually it will go back to dull. The RF won't care what the antenna  looks
like, only that the joints are a solid connection.

Get to work with a Scotch-Brite es GL with your project!

73, Don - K4BEV