Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM240 & Shunt fed tower

To: "VE6WZ_Steve" <ve6wz@shaw.ca>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM240 & Shunt fed tower
From: "Kelly Jones" <kjones@virtualcohesion.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:50:21 -0000
Steve,

Thanks for the great information.  I wonder if heating will be an issue
with a coax balun?  I did have the MFJ BN76 (or whatever the model # is)
balun on the antenna up until about a month ago.  At that time I took it
down and tore everything apart looking for an intermittent.  When I put
it back on the tower I replaced the "boxed" balun with a coax one (I've
become a fan of coax baluns).  Would there still be heating in a coax
balun?

73
Kelly - N0VD

PS - sorry for the "double" post.  I think my first message got held for
approval since I inadvertently sent from a non-subscribed address.  It
must have recently been released by the moderator.