[TowerTalk] Questions about Irrigation Pipe for Verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Questions about Irrigation Pipe for Verticals
From: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:27:52 -0500
I am in the process of putting together a project that will consist of phased
1/4 wave verticals for 80 meters.  For my QTH the most cost effective resource
of aluminum tubing is 3 inch irrigation pipe.  The wall thickness is .050 and
it comes in 10, 20, and 30 foot lengths.  Since I will have to transport it
myself I will probably buy the 20 ft lengths.  I am wondering what some of you
have done to splice sections together?  How you varied the length of the
vertical for adjusting the SWR.?  Finally, How did you get it vertical?  Thanks

Pat, K8PC