Re: [TowerTalk] BIG array

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BIG array
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:22:26 EST
Wow, that's over the top!  Great looking array though...de N3OX.

Yes, it is a great looking array and it looks like the owner and designer
has spent many hours and money into producing a labor of love.  However,  when
it was presented at Dayton last May, many in the audience left the
presentation shaking our heads.  Most agreed the amount of money spent on  the
array
could have easily reduced by installing the SteppIRs on conventional  stacking
on
the tower with all antennas independently rotated by Tic-rings etc.,  which
would have had a broader beamwidth more useful for contesting  But  hey, most
of
the guys in the audience were contesters, what do we know  about antennas?

Again my congrats to the guy for having the guts for tackling such a
project...it is formidable.

Now back to getting my three high Steppir array in the air out
here...eventually.

Bill K4XS/KH6